This webinar formally launches ‘Transnational Civil Society in Asia: The Potential of Grassroots Regionalization’ (Avenell & Ogawa, eds.) which will be published July 2021, by Routledge.
This book addresses an understudied topic in the current civil society scholarship – how transnational interactions among civil society actors in Asia are helping to strengthen common democratic values.
The webinar discusses three cases from the book, along with a brief conceptual introduction.
- Professor Akihiro Ogawa: Professor of Japanese Studies, Asia Institute, University of Melbourne.
- Akina Mikami: PhD Candidate, Asia Institute, University of Melbourne.
- Dr Salim Kassim-Lakha: Honorary Senior Fellow, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Melbourne.
- Dr Pradeep Taneja: Senior Lecturer in Asian Studies, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Melbourne.
- Melissa Conley Tyler: Research Associate, Asia Institute, University of Melbourne.